Installation, Operation, & Maintenance Manuals
3rd Party Lab Results
|Pathogen||Pathogen Name||3rd Party Test Lab||Removal %||Year|
|Viruses||Influenza SARS-CoV-2, aerosolized||Innovative Bioanalysis||99%||2021|
|Influenza SARS-CoV-2, surface||Innovative Bioanalysis||99%||2021|
|Influenza H1N1||Kitasato Research Center, Japan||99%||2011|
|Influenza H5N1||Kasetsart University, Thailand||99%||2011|
|Bacteria||Escherichia Coli||EMSL Analytical, USA||99%||2011|
|Escherichia Coli ATCC||Istanbul University, Turkey||91%||2011|
|Staphylococcus aureus||EMSL Analytical, USA||81%||2011|
|Pseudomonas aeruginosa||Istanbul University, Turkey||99%||2011|
|Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)||EMSL Analytical, USA||99%||2013|
|Fungus||Aspergillus Niger||EMSL Analytical, USA||97%||2011|
|Candida albicans||EMSL Analytical, USA||97%||2011|
|Dichobotrys abundans||Prof. Joe F. Boatman, USA||90%||2006|
|Penicillium||Prof. Joe F. Boatman, USA||95%||2006|
|Spores||Bacillus subtilis var niger||Istanbul University, Turkey||89%||2011|
The following are some of our 3rd party lab tests and other informative studies on ionization performance.
- Innovative Bioanalysis testing of the DM-5000 D6 module against SARS-CoV-2, aerosolized.
- Innovative Bioanalysis testing of the DM-5000 D6 module against SARS-CoV-2, surface
- Steinmann, A. 1998. ‘’Air ionization: theory, use and best practices.” Semiconductor Digest-News and Industry Trends.
- Lee, B., M. Yermakov, S. Grinshpun. 2004. “Removal of fine and ultrafine particles from indoor air environments by the unipolar ion emission.”
- Hagbom, M., J. Nordgen, R. Nybom, K.-O. Hedlund, L. Svensson. 2015. “Ionizing air affects influenza virus infectivity and prevents airborne-transmission.”
- Alonso, C., P. Raynor, P. Davies, R. Morrison, M. Torremorell. 2016. “Evaluation of an electrostatic particle ionization technology for decreasing airborne pathogens in pigs.”
- Jiang, S-Y, A. Ma, S. Ramachandran. 2018. “Negative air ions and their effects on human health and air quality improvement.”
- Dr. Stacy Daniels – White Paper – Applications of Air Ionization for Control of VOCs and PMx
- A.S. Ogungbe, O.H. Akintoye and B.A. Idowu, 2011. Effects of Gaseous Ions on the Environment and Human Performance. Trends in Applied Sciences Research, 6: 130-133.
- Essien, D., K. Coombs, D. Levin, Q. Zhang. 2017. “Effectiveness of Negative Air Ionization for Removing Viral Bioaerosols in an Enclosed Space.”
- Pushpawela B, Jayaratne R, Nguy A, et al. (2017). Efficiency of ionizers in removing airborne particles in indoor environments. Journal of Electrostatics, 90: 79–84
- Junho Hyuna Sang-Gu Lee Jungho Hwang (2017) Application of corona discharge-generated air ions for filtration of aerosolized virus and inactivation of filtered virus
Frequently Asked Questions
All Air+ needlepoint products are validated to UL2998 – Zero Ozone emissions and therefore do not produce ozone.
Yes, we have an ion meter that can be used to measure positive and negative ions. Please visit our Products page to find this meter.
We view UV lights and filters as passive or reactive technologies. They wait for the pollutant to return to the air handler to be filtered or treated by the UV light. Ionization is proactive. Filling a room with a higher ion level attacks pollutants at the source, i.e., in the room where the pollutant is present. This video explains the proactive nature of ionization vs. the reactive nature of UV lights and filters.
Please contact us here to connect with your local Manufacturer’s Representative who can help you purchase or specify the product.
All needlepoint units are self-cleaning and require no maintenance. The cleaning cycle is programmed at our factory at once per day, although the cleaning interval can be adjusted using our software. Contact Air+ if you have specific cleaning requirements. The ionization tubes can be cleaned manually, but in most cases, it is not required.
Air+ products are warranted for one year from the date of shipment. If you believe you have a warranty claim, start by contacting your local Manufacturer’s Representative. They can help you start the warranty process.
Yes, all needlepoint and tube-style equipment have the capability to communicate with the BAS.